Board and committee contacts
Who We Are in Brief
- We were chartered on October 15, 1972
- We have given over $400,000 in donations to our community in the past 10 years
- We have donated over $80,000 to The Rotary Foundation since 2005
- We are strong supporters of youth through:
- service projects at Brechin Elementary and John Barsby Community School,
- Rotary Youth Exchange, Rotary Youth Leadership Assembly, and the local Rotaract and Interact Clubs
- Annual Scholarships to secondary school graduates and VIU students
- Our Community Service projects include:
- a monthly cooked breakfast provided at Salvation Army New Hope Centre
- a monthly volunteer shift at the Loaves & Fishes Community Food Bank
- running the beer garden at the annual Dragon Boat Festival
- We are supporting International Service projects in Ghana, as well as polio eradication worldwide
Why join Rotary?
Rotary is known and respected throughout the world.
You can network with local and international leaders and professionals. There are over 1.3 million Rotarians worldwide. Through the work that Rotary does there are many opportunities to develop or improve your skills and abilities
Rotary is a leadership organization and provides lots of options for you to develop as a leader and professional. There are conferences and developmental workshops held throughout the year, as well as speakers and networking.
Rotary provides you with a chance to give back to both local and international communities. We create and work at volunteering and fundraising events, and rely on our members to bring forward those that they are passionate about. Rotarians make a difference.
How to join Rotary
If being part of Rotary sounds like it fits with your values, desire to grow and give back, it is easy to get started.
The first step is to attend 2 or 3 club meetings or events. This will give you an opportunity to meet us and learn more about our interaction in the community. We are a dinner club so there will be a cost for the meal. You can look at the meeting schedule on the home page under "speakers". Please check as we are sometimes at a different location.
Feel free to contact us with any questions.
Rotary Intl RSS News (click on title for full story)
Australian entrepreneur announces $1 million gift to Rotary
On Wednesday, over breakfast with the Rotary Club of Wahroonga, New South Wales, Australian entrepreneur and philanthropist Dick Smith announced a donation of AU$1 million to Rotary (about US$750,000), citing admiration of Rotary members for the time they devote to others. The Rotary Australia Benevolent Society (RABS) will administer the funds. “With 29,500 Rotarians in 1,100 clubs throughout Australia, we have an army of volunteers eager to assist those in need,” says Michael Perkins, RABS chair. “The impact of this donation will be felt throughout all of Australia, from the cities to the...
eBay Live Auctions that benefit Rotary
Each month, eBay, the world’s largest auction website, selects a set of upcoming Live Auction events and donates a portion of all sales proceeds to Rotary. Only U.S. auction sales are eligible. See the schedule of December auctions.
Convention: City of peace
Though Atlanta has seen its share of violence and inequity over time, today it brims with reminders that there is another way. Get inspired while you’re visiting for the 2017 Rotary International Convention from 10 to 14 June. Take a short walk from the convention center to the Center for Civil and Human Rights. There, you can see the handwritten notes, speeches, and sermons of civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr., experience an interactive 1960s-era lunch counter “sit-in,” and learn more about persecuted groups all over the world. A streetcar will take you to the Martin Luther King Jr...