Board and committee contacts
Who We Are in Brief
- We were chartered on October 15, 1972
- We have given over $400,000 in donations to our community in the past 10 years
- We have donated over $80,000 to The Rotary Foundation since 2005
- We are strong supporters of youth through:
- service projects at Brechin Elementary and John Barsby Community School,
- Rotary Youth Exchange, Rotary Youth Leadership Assembly, and the local Rotaract and Interact Clubs
- Annual Scholarships to secondary school graduates and VIU students*
- Our Community Service projects include:
- a monthly cooked breakfast provided at Salvation Army New Hope Centre*
- a monthly volunteer shift at the Loaves & Fishes Community Food Bank
- running the beer garden at the annual Dragon Boat Festival
- We are supporting International Service projects in Ghana, as well as polio eradication worldwide
- *We acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia.
Why join Rotary?
Rotary is known and respected throughout the world.
You can network with local and international leaders and professionals. There are over 1.3 million Rotarians worldwide. Through the work that Rotary does there are many opportunities to develop or improve your skills and abilities
Rotary is a leadership organization and provides lots of options for you to develop as a leader and professional. There are conferences and developmental workshops held throughout the year, as well as speakers and networking.
Rotary provides you with a chance to give back to both local and international communities. We create and work at volunteering and fundraising events, and rely on our members to bring forward those that they are passionate about. Rotarians make a difference.
How to join Rotary
If being part of Rotary sounds like it fits with your values, desire to grow and give back, it is easy to get started.
The first step is to attend 2 or 3 club meetings or events. This will give you an opportunity to meet us and learn more about our interaction in the community. We are a dinner club so there will be a cost for the meal. You can look at the meeting schedule on the home page under "speakers". Please check as we are sometimes at a different location.
Feel free to contact us with any questions.
Rotary Intl RSS News (click on title for full story)
Five years since its debut, Rotary Club Central is getting a big upgrade
When we introduced Rotary Club Central in 2012, it revolutionized goal tracking and planning for clubs and districts — no more filling out paper club-planning forms or passing along boxes of historical club information every time a new leader took office. Rotary Club Central offered clubs and districts a quantifiable way to begin measuring local and global impact, specifically membership initiatives, service activities, and Rotary Foundation giving. But as with any technological advancement, in a few short years, Rotary Club Central began to show its age, and Rotarians took notice. They...
Rotary International Board adopts new zone structure
At its January 2017 meeting, the Rotary International Board of Directors adopted a new zone structure for Rotary clubs. Rotary bylaws require the Board to complete a comprehensive review of the 34 Rotary zones no less often than every eight years to ensure that each zone has an approximately equal number of Rotarians. The Board’s previous review of the zones occurred in 2008. The Board earlier approved the creation of three regional workgroups to develop rezoning proposals for Asia, Europe/Africa, and the Americas. These workgroups comprised one representative (either a current director,...
Centennial celebration honors 20 noteworthy global grant projects
Through The Rotary Foundation, Rotary members have supported thousands of projects that promote peace, fight disease, provide clean water, save mothers and children, support education, and grow local economies. We’ve also led the fight to eradicate polio worldwide. As part of our celebration of the Foundation’s centennial, we’re honoring 20 global grant projects with special recognition. Learn more about the projects using our interactive map.